Ithaca College Cybersecurity Program Curriculum
Why choose the Cybersecurity Certificate Program with Ithaca College? You'll learn the latest cybersecurity strategies from industry professional and walk away with tools you can put to work immediately. This online program is comprised of eight modules that you complete at your own pace. But this doesn't mean you're alone in the process. Part of the program includes online discussion boards to interact and network with your peers and expert faculty. Upon completion, not only will you receive a certificate, but you'll have a solid plan of action to take back to your organization.
Cyber Threat Intelligence
Discover the foundation of cybersecurity by identifying the structural components of cyberspace, its basic architecture, and the essentials of identifying and managing risk.
- Understand the basic terms, trends, frameworks, and general risks of cybersecurity.
- Establish important countermeasures and incident planning guidelines.
- Learn the benefits of CMMC certification.
Cyber Laws, Regulations & More
Focus on the laws, privacy systems, and regulations that govern operations within the U.S. and other nations. Become familiar with the regulatory model that should be implemented to protect an operation from cyber-attacks.
- Uncover the tools to protect internet governance.
- Discover the importance of CISA and DFS regulations.
- Learn about the DHS and expose their systems of protection.
- Analyze regulations including cyber measures, legalities, liability, and information sharing.
- Explore the variations of U.S. and China’s cybersecurity laws.
Deep Dive into NYSDFS & GDPR
Examine the difference between NYSDFS 500, GDPR, and other regulations being introduced throughout the world and how NYSDFS has implemented regulations mimicking GDPR standards.
- Learn the six requirements of the NYSDFS regulation.
- Discover the key principles of the GDPR and importance of compliance.
Cyber Risk Vectors
Uncover the essential components of risk assessment and mitigation policy. Survey the vulnerabilities essential to cyberspace and explore the methods and resources to exploit them through attack chains or vectors.
- Learn to characterize the system: process, function, application.
- Identify threat, expose inherit risk and impact, and develop a plan of action.
- Discover ways to analyze and control the cyber environment.
Significant Cyber Incidents
Explore the most common threats from cyber attacks to detect and repair deficiencies.
- Learn how a cyber virus can breed rapidly with a lethal result.
- Discover how to see through the harmless disguise of a Trojan horse.
- Decode the fraudulent claims behind spam and phishing.
- Identify the three main types of Denial of Services.
- Examine the best practices to avoid unauthorized access.
Digital Breach Response
Develop three important protection plans for incident response, and learn how the recovery time objective (RTO) is vital in the aftermath of a digital disaster.
- Understand incident response goals: minimize damage, protect data, and recover quickly.
- Discover the five elements of business impact analysis.
- Identify the steps needed for business continuity and disaster recovery planning.
Cyber Privacy, On Premise, Cloud & Virtual Response Management
Understand the differing strategies of successful deployment for technical solutions, and determine the regulatory requirements for data privacy and security.
- Identify the difference between privacy and security.
- Develop a defense strategy by comparing cloud and virtual deployments to on-premise models.
- Examine the three main cloud computing models: PaaS, IaaS, SaaS.
Cyber Strategy & Defense
Discover the fundamental principles of cyber defense, and how to develop and implement a strategy to ensure your operation is secure and protected.
- Learn how to determine what needs to be protected.
- Assess the difference between risk appetite and risk tolerance.
- Identify the tools needed to establish a disaster recovery plan.
Lead the Way to Being More Cybersecure
Your Ithaca College Cybersecurity Certificate is the differentiating factor that sets you apart from the competition. It proves that you have completed all modules as well as the cumulative Capstone Project. You’ll walk away with confidence in your cyber skills, a detailed plan of action for your business, and your own, professional Cybersecurity Portfolio.